It’s important to equip yourself with the skills to deal with the colleagues that are difficult to work with in our workplaces. Here are some tips that can guide you to maintain professionalism while at work.
- Be calm while dealing with them so you don’t lose your temper. When the person you are dealing with sees that you are calm despite whatever he/she is doing, you will start getting their attention.
- Understand the person’s intention and the reason for acting difficult towards you. Even when it may seem that the person is just out to get you, there is always some underlying reason that is motivating them to act this way.
- Get some perspective from others. They will be able to see things from a different angle and offer a different take on the situation.
- Treat the person with respect. If you are going to treat the person with disrespect, it’s not going to be surprising if he/she treats you the same way as well.
- Escalate to a higher authority for resolution. Sometimes, the only way to get someone moving is through the top-down approach, especially in bureaucratic organizations.
For any of your recruitment needs talk to us today
Peoplelink Consultants Limited
Physical Location: Corner House, 7th Floor Suite No.5, Kimathi Street, Nairobi
Postal Address: P.O. Box 38381 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel:+254 020 8019461, +254 712 600600 , +254 0101 600 600