FKE hosts BUSINESSAfrica Employers Confederation which is the Employers body in Africa and seeks to voice employers’ issues in the region in the areas of labour, employment and social affairs.
BUSINESSAfrica seeks to recruit a Coordinator, Operations to manage the day to day operational demands of the Secretariat.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the job holder will support in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of Business Africa Initiatives and programs.
- Coordinate programmes and activities involving BUSINESSAfrica and members,
- Support in preparation of communication with members, partners and other stakeholders
- Managing BUSINESSAfrica website content and social media platforms
- Managing BUSINESSAfrica’s members database and contacts
- Build and manage relationships with BUSINESSAfrica partners
- Support in BUSINESSAfrica strategic planning, plans implementation and monitoring
- Representation of the BUSINESSAfrica assigned meetings and forums, Prepare various BUSINESSAfrica reports in English and French
- Support in mobilization of Resources for BUSINESSAfrica etc.
- Coordinate engagement of BUSINESSAfrica with its members
- Coordinate engagement of BUSINESSAfrica with policymakers
- Translation of BUSINESSAfrica information, communications and education material
- Follow up on implementation of BUSINESSAfrica resolutions
- Prepare and present work progress reports to the Secretary General
- Any other duty as required by the Secretary General
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, International Relations/Social policy/Communications or related field of social sciences
- Proficiency in both English and French
- At least 5 years relevant proven and practical experience preferably from a Membership Organization
- Experience in Media relations, public relations, communication, advocacy and public policy matters
- Experience in office administration and coordination roles
- Understanding of the employment, labour and enterprise situation in Africa
- Ability to work with Donors and development partners
KEY SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to details, ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability working with highly confidential information
- Strong administrative skills
- Relationship management skills
- Technologically savvy
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 professional referees through: email@example.com indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line to reach us not later than January 05, 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.