Our client is looking for procurement officers who will be responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers and negotiating contracts. They are also responsible for ensuring that approved purchases are of a sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
.Job description: Procurement Officer
- Maintain accurate record of inventory and stock management systems according to set standards
- Oversee the functionality of electronic ordering systems and POS systems
- Supervise the maintenance of a storeroom and ensure proper arrangement of stock
- Oversee the placing of orders and ensure requested goods are delivered on time
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with suppliers to enable easier procurement of products
- Ensure purchase inventory is within specified budget.
- Enter shipping and inventory data in the computer system
- Verify receipts and confirm purchase contents and orders are complete
- Remove inventory from shipment delivery trucks
- Ensure supplied stocks meet demand
- Prevent overstocking and ordering
- Keep track of inventory and supplies that need restocking
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Create and maintain a detailed inventory list of all incoming, outgoing, and current supplies
- Track and ensure deliveries are received
- Compile reports inventory and supply balances
- Make note of damaged inventory
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
Procurement Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management or related field
- 3-5 years of previous experience in procurement or purchasing
- Gender: Female, 25-35 years
- Experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.
Application deadline : 10th January 2023