Our client in the retail industry based in Nairobi is looking for a Procurement Officer.
Qualifications & skills
- Diploma/Degree in Procurement or any equivalent course.
- Minimum of two years of work experience.
- Preferred Female candidate.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets within schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Should be highly confident motivated.
- Preferably someone who has experience in the retail industry.
Duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as Procurement Officer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Net pay:- Kshs40,000/-