PROCUREMENT MANAGER (100k)
Our client, a construction company in Nairobi is looking for a Procurement Manager.
Qualifications & skills
- Degree in Procurement or purchasing supplies or any equivalent course
- Minimum of three years of work experience.
- KNOWLEDGE IN SOURCING HARDWARE PRODUCTS IS A MUST.
- Knowledge in IT Hardware & Software is an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience in a construction environment is preferred.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.