Our client who is in Financial Service sector, is looking for a P1 TEACHER.
The location of the business is in Thika.
Job Description- P1 TEACHER
- To prepare and deliver high quality lessons in line with the school’s vision and mission.
- To collaboratively develop unit and lesson plans for the curriculum
- To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so that they make progress, achieve their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
- Produce documents such as Unit plans, Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc.
- Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
- Involve the learners in different learning activities such as storytelling, role plays, numbers and letters recognition, etc.
- Displaying learners’ work in the classroom to showcase their abilities and finished projects.
- Facilitating occasional virtual meetings with parents to update them on learners’ progress.
- Look after the children’s basic needs like feeding, wellbeing, and academic progress.
- Plan regular excursions to expose them to different environments.
- Monitor the learners attentively and make sure they remain safe around campus.
- Observe the behavior of children and help them improve it by building self-confidence and teaching social values.
- To guide learners with learning differences and behavioral challenges.
- Guide learners on how to socialize with peers and encourage them to resolve small arguments independently.
- Accompany them during activities such as swimming, dance etc.
- Teach the learners the importance of cleanliness and good manners.
- Observe the learners’ capabilities and help them strengthen their core skills.
- Manage and update the progress of children and create reports for parents.
- Collaborate with the parents and communicate with them regularly regarding children’s performance on their diaries and electronically.
- Keep the classrooms clean as per the health safety standards.
- Accompany learners during transit to ensure their safety and comfort.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree in Primary and/or Secondary education from a university recognized by the government of Kenya and hold a PTE Certificate (P1 certificate) from KNEC.
- Must be registered by the TSC
- 1 – 2 years of progressively professional responsible experience in a related field.
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted