We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that will process and fill prescriptions. You will also undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly.
As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers.
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g. record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
Requirements and skills
- Degree/Diploma in PHARMACEUTICALS is a MUST.
- 3-5 YEARS experience in a busy environment
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician program
- Certified Pharmacy technician is an asset
Kindly share your CVs to Jobs@peoplelink.co.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.