MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER (Kshs48,000-50,000)
Our client, in the wellness and fitness industry is looking for a candidate who is willing to learn and grow to join their team as a MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery and evolution of the marketing strategy, working with the company’s management team.
- Coordinate market research to identify interest and uptake for current and future company’s services to ensure the correct positioning of the company events and its associated services and/or brands are relevant to internal and external markets and progras it represents.
- Evaluate current trends, sector conditions and competitor data to implement marketing plan alterations as needed.
- Execute these marketing plans, including the development of a range of marketing collateral, content and campaigns, and include a focus on the effective use of social media and digital marketing tactics.
- Content management on the website and social media platforms, writing creative, engaging and accurate content for the promotion of events and services, ensuring brand values are demonstrated consistently through all communications.
- Work with colleagues to establish and use relevant branding and designs for event publicity.
- Take responsibility for delivering target numbers for events and projects through effective delivery of marketing/communication plans.
- Compile briefs for the procurement of services to support the events.
- Measuring performance and taking pre-emptive/corrective actions as appropriate, and inform future plans.
- Gather, analyze and present structured information for use by the Management Team and external stakeholders in corporate planning.
- Manage the data lists within the service ensuring appropriate permissions are gained to market the services.
- Actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities.
- Promote the company’s brand, policies and core values.
- Deliver and organize all events and projects in a smooth and controlled manner, using the established event / project management process.
- Research, liaise and negotiate with venues and other key suppliers to ensure the best prices.
- Research and liaise with suitable speakers, trainers and facilitators for the event’s, ensuring content is topical, relevant and engaging.
- Management of the quality assurance process for event and workshop programs.
- Budget management.
- Manage all venue bookings, catering, signage, and other technical suppliers
- Effective on-site management and control during set up, delivery and set down for all events.
- Ensure robust client satisfaction and impact evaluation processes are in place for all events and to support creation of post event evaluation reports.
- Regularly monitor feedback relating to events and workshops and to take appropriate actions ensuring continuous improvement in future event executions.
- Achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients previously to enhance client retention and new sales through referrals and references.
- Identify and develop new and existing referral sources to develop successful referring relationships.
- Actively identify and generate prospects through strategic sales strategies focusing on customers in target markets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing and events management.
- Experience of developing and managing external partnerships in the delivery of projects
- Demonstrable experience of running events from conception to competition
- Appreciation of the nature of accountability, ethics, targets and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as great interpersonal communication skills, and ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own workload.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the email subject as MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER.