Reporting to the Chief Executive, the job holder will provide professional operational Executive support and assistance for effective and efficient delivery of the Executive office.
- Managing the CEO’s diary and flagging matters for attention on monthly, weekly and daily basis
- Organising internal and External meetings for the CEO • Preparing CEO’s speeches and liaising with other key technical leads to prepare required documentation and information for meetings.
- Organising travels, booking flights, visa applications, travel packs and meetings
- Handling Protocols and providing guidance on protocol needs
- Drafting internal and External communication from the CEO’s office
- Managing an effective filing and archiving system for all electronic and paper-based communication/ correspondences within the executive office ensuring that such information is readily available for day-to-day use and effective access controls are in place to protect confidential information/ documents.
- Maintain up to date contacts database of key stakeholders and partners to facilitate efficient communication. • Effective relationship management with all key stakeholders while upholding the reputation of the Federation.
- Preparation of Board papers, Board packs, arranging meeting rooms and refreshments.
- Liaison with the other departments within the secretariat in planning events, CEO’s speaking engagements & publicity and supporting the CEO during such events. Supporting the CEO in events planning, public communication, public relations, strategic communication, membership development and stakeholders relationships management for BUSINESS Africa Employers Confederation.
- Taking minutes in assigned meetings and following up on action points with respective persons.
- Carrying out administrative and logistical duties required for effective running of the CEO’s office.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in international relations/public policy/HR/Administration/Communications or related field of social sciences
- Post Graduate Diploma in Secretarial Studies and/or qualifications in legal studies will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English as a key requirement and proficiency in French will be an added advantage. • Experience in communication, Media relations, public relations, advocacy and public policy matters
- At least 8 years proven and practical experience in a similar role, 3 of which should have been as a PA or equivalent role for a Senior Executive /CEO in a busy environment • Experience in office administration and coordination roles
- Understanding of the employment and labour relations field
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders, partners and members.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 professional referees through: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title on the subject line to reach us not later than August 08, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Communication skills (oral & written)
- Interpersonal, Organisational & coordination skills
- Technologically savvy • Administrative, Secretarial and records management skills
- Interpersonal and relationships management skills
- Strong planning, coordination, organization and advocacy skills
- A dependable, diplomatic, confident and presentable individual
- Unquestionable levels of Integrity and Confidentiality