SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
Reports to: General Manager/MD
Responsible for researching and developing marketing opportunities and planning and implementing new sales plans. The Sales Manager will also manage the sales staff and will perform managerial duties to meet the company’s operations goals.
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or any Business-related field
- At least 6 years’ experience as a sales manager in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge in computer software packages
Competence and Attributes
- Understands the industry
- Creates Customer focus practices
- Established and achieves stretched goals
- Calculates risks
- Fosters development relationships
- Stretches boundaries
- Creates Performance tension
- Creates accountability
- Implements communication strategy
- Identifies change opportunities
- Paints the picture
- Identifies business growth opportunities.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee day-to-day sales, monitoring, and forecasting to better understand the market.
- Continually assess our marketing techniques and their efficacy in affecting sales.
- Stay up-to-date on current market trends.
- Own ultimate responsibility for successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Collaborate with marketing team to creatively reach more potential customers.
- Take calculated risks to increase profitability and brand recognition.
- Work in a hands-on fashion, building the team—provide motivation and inspiration.
- Set the precedent for excellence through leading by example.
- Cultivate and deepen client relationships and partnerships that add value.
- To acquire new corporate clients for Universal Corporation Limited
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in potential market segments to generate new business for the organization’s products and services.
- Fulfillment of Sales quota monthly via New Sales acquisition
- Give business presentations to senior management team every fortnight that should include updates on sales per project, leads as well as personal projections on the same.
- Developing new ideas to achieve sales growth by devising new marketing strategies
- Interact regularly with the clients to ensure a committed and partnership-based relationship.
- Comply with Sales process and mechanism of the company to ensure Business Professionalism & Integrity
- Making telephone calls and in-person visiting and presenting to existing and prospective clients.
- Creating and managing customer value plan for existing clients highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the targeted segments.
- Take up existing business portfolios and bring them to fruition.
- Carry out any other duty given.
RELATIONSHIP AND WORKING CONTACTS
- Internal: Sales, Finance, Credit, ICT.
- External: Clients/potential clients.
- This is a field and office -based role.
Applications to be sent via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER”
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.