PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (Kshs 50,000)
Our client, in the Career Consultancy industry is looking for a candidate who is willing to join
their team as a Public Relations Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. formulate and execute strategic communication campaigns with a bias in Brand and
Corporate PR for a Higher Education Development initiative.
2. build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media and
answer enquiries from the media and other organizations
3. Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients
4. Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
5. Collate and analyze media coverage
6. Write and edit in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
7. Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs.
8. Source speakers and seek out sponsorship opportunities
9. Maintain and update information on the organization’s website
10. Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as
Twitter and Facebook
11. Commission market research
12. Foster good community relations through events such as open days and through
involvement in community initiatives
Qualifications and Requirements:
Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/ Public
Relations or Corporate Communication
Preferably ladies 25-35 years old
Should have at least 3 – 5 years of experience in the related field.
Marketing is an added advantage
Interested candidate should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email
subject as PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.