PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST (SALARY – Kshs40,000)
Our client, a nursing home based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a pharmaceutical technologist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving prescriptions for medications from medical doctors and other health professionals, and dispensing.
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and administration of appropriate dosages.
- Sort, stock and label medication and monitor inventory.
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards.
- Monitor storage conditions i.e., expiry status and security of the pharmaceuticals.
- Conferring with the Doctor, or his assistants or Nurses regarding the ordering, stocking, and the pricing of the drugs.
- Keep records / take inventory of all drug stocks ordered, drugs issued to clients and stocks remaining.
- Ensure order and cleanliness at the pharmacy.
- Undertake pharmacy administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as the profession demands.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Empathetic to patients of all ages.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision .
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills .
- Desire for personal development, improvement and learning.
- Diploma in pharmaceutical technology from a recognized medical training institution.
- Certificate in computer application skills.
- Be registered by the pharmacy and poisons board of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- EPR knowledge is an added advantage.
- Minimum one year of working experience preferably in a busy hospital setup.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as pharmaceutical technologist.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.