PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Kshs50,000 – Kshs60,000)
Our client, a pharmacy based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST. Role: –To provide quality, efficient and fundamental pharmacy services.
Reports To: – Chief Pharmacy Superintendent.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Receiving prescriptions for medications from medical doctors and other health professionals, and dispensing.
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and administration of appropriate dosages.
- Sort, stock and label medication and monitor inventory.
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards.
- Monitor storage conditions e., expiry status and security of the pharmaceuticals.
- Conferring with the Doctor, or his assistants or Nurses regarding the ordering, stocking, and the pricing of the drugs.
- Keep records / take inventory of all drug stocks ordered, drugs issued to clients and stocks remaining.
- Ensure order and cleanliness at the pharmacy.
- Undertake pharmacy administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as the profession demands.
- Patient safety, quality control, infection control and equipment care and planned preventive maintenance.
- Compliance with the stipulated regulations including Policies and Procedures adopted by the hospital.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized medical training institution.
- Certificate in computer application skills.
- Minimum three (3) years working experience preferably in a busy hospital setup
- ERP knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Be registered by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Empathetic to patients of all ages.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
- Desire for personal development, improvement and learning.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.