MEDICAL OFFICER (SALARY – Kshs160,000)
Our client, a nursing home based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a medical officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine patients and taking their histories, order tests, and other diagnostic procedures
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g., performing operations
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical) to patients in hospital wards and in outpatient clinic
- Admitting patients requiring special care
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Keeping the referring doctor informed of inpatient and outpatient progress.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately filled.
- Discussing and evaluating new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
- Keeping up-to-date with medical developments, treatment, and medication.
- Maintaining patient rights and confidentiality when dealing with patients.
- Providing educational and clinical training for clinical staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Clinical risk management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of medical recordkeeping practices.
- Advanced ability to ensure the highest standards in patient care and compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Ability to keep abreast of advancements in the field of specialization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hardworking, proactive and self-driven
- Empathetic to patients of all ages
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills
- Desire for personal development, improvement and learning
- BLS, ATLS and ACLS qualifications from a relevant body
- Must have completed 1year internship
- Certificate of good conduct
- Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- EPR knowledge will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as medical officer.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.