We are looking to hire a mechanical technician for our client based in Industrial Area, Nairobi.
- Responsible for troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions, breakdowns, as well as performing repairs. Set up and operate production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications. Monitoring the availability of parts and ensure availability of spares.
- Developing and implementing preventive maintenance.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Documenting processes and maintenance service records.
- Training operators on the safe and efficient use of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure compliance to HSE and food safety requirements.
- Maintain your workplace in a safe and tidy condition through good housekeeping practices.
- Report incidences on accidents, property damage, ill health, near miss, hazards to your supervisor.
- Comply with all instructions, equipment and processes work procedures and safe practices.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of repairing SACMI Production machines ( a must)
- Analytical Skills and Attention to Detail
- Teamwork and accelerated learning curve.
- Dip / Bsc Electrical / Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering/ relevant training
- At least 3 years working experience and knowledge with Sacmi production machines.
- Knowledge of Certification of Safety and Food safety management systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.