LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Kshs35,000)
We are looking to hire a laboratory technologist for our client. a hospital based in Mathare North, Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria.
- Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Conduct medical research and analyses.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division, is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Trains and orientates new Medical Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Dip or Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related field.
- At least two (2) years-experience as in the medical laboratory field and as a Laboratory Technologist.
- Ability to adapt easily.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of laboratory and experimental protocols and procedures.
- Ability to utilize, calibrate, configure and/or troubleshoot laboratory testing systems and instruments.
- Knowledge of sterile procedures.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.