Our client, a Manufacturing Company in Nairobi, is looking for a Chef.
Qualifications & skills
- Diploma or Certificate in hospitality or related course.
- Minimum of two year proven work experience as cook in Indian cuisine.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bake ware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.).
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good communication skills.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.).
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as INDIAN CUISINE CHEF.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Gross pay:- Kshs30,000/- to Kshs40,000/-