Import & Export Officer – Mazeras, Kilifi County.
• Analyze import documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of
documentation and verify compliance standard
• Responsible for PVOC KEBS exemption application for imported raw materials and spare parts to
KEBS by listing the items names and HS codes.
• Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of
• Deal with customs, Shipping agencies and local authorities for day-to-day operational issues.
• Process EAC and COMESA certificate of origin and ensure endorsement at KRA offices.
• Application of IDF through the ICMS of the company by declaring materials intended to import
and classifying the materials to appropriate HS codes.
• Export clearance producers – Liaise with TRA and KRA for Export shipments at the ICD or Port
• Responsible and accountable to ensure all import duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all
• Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure.
• Conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs
documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
• Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance
with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country, and
international law and process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other related field from a recognized
• 4 years working experience in a manufacturing set up or clearing and forwarding or freight
• Extensive knowledge of the local Import Industry.
• Strong analytical skills with good ICMS and Simba, Customs and Excise HS Code knowledge
• Proven knowledge of Customs and Import-Export Procedures
• Excellent knowledge of KenTrade, ICMS, ASYCUDA and Tancis online system.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the job title as Import & Export Officer.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.