HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (50k – 80k) – Negotiable
Our client, a security firm in Nairobi, seeks to hire a Human Resource Officer. The HRO will be responsible to ensure completeness and accuracy of all HR processes and functions within the organization.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized college
- Member of the IHRM
- Excellent knowledge of the employment act 2007
- Experience with HR management systems
Skills and Competencies:
- Written and verbal communication.
- People skills.
- Multitasking and prioritizing.
- High Level of Confidentiality.
- Ability to work and deal with all staff and clients.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attentive to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all staff report on time at work by establishing mechanisms and methods of tracking staff attendance. They will also be required to provide regular reports on staff attendance to management
- Preparing job descriptions for all staff. Once the JDs have been approved, He/She will be responsible for the custody of the JDs
- Ensuring all newly recruited staff have provided all the necessary employment details. These must in include but will not be limited to police clearance reports, credible references and next of kin form duly signed
- Preparing and administering staff orientation and onboarding plans
- Providing safe custody of all staff employment files as well as the master database of all employees complete with all the required baseline documents
- Undertaking staff background checks for all newly recruited staff before onboarding
- Setting up and administering the staff disciplinary committee to deal with indiscipline cases
- Planning and execution of staff training programs in the company. These will range to individual; group and companywide training programs as may be required from time to time
- Develop the KPIs for the human resources department. These must be subsequently converted into scorable parameters for the monthly KPI scoring system
- Custody of the KPI’s monthly scoring system for all staff. In addition, they will be responsible for ensuring that the scoring exercise is undertaken each month with in reasonable time frames.
- Administering all HR related legal cases and ensuring that the same are well handled by our attorneys
- Regular visits to branches and outstations to check on the general performance of staff.
- Undertaking regular staff audits to ensure that the work load is well distributed and that the company has the right talent in place
- Attending meetings with stakeholders such as KEPSA and following up on new developments that require to be adopted within the company operations.
- Secretary to the Senior Management Committee that meets once a month to track performance and general status of the company operations
- Ensuring the company is adhering to all the labor laws.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
- Establishing and communication an appropriate organization culture especially on matters of interpersonal relations, communications and general staff discipline
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time.
Should be willing to start immediately.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.