Job Title: HOSPITAL MANAGER
Department/Group: Medical Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Kshs. 100,000-120,000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy Management and Planning
- Lead, develop, implement and evaluate the hospital’s clinical and quality strategy
- Manage and lead the all hospitals departments including Administration. clinical services OP &IP, Diagnostic support- Laboratory and radiology, medication management to ensure significant impact on the performance of the business.
- Provide expertise and advisory services to hospital executives and committees including but not limited to the clinical quality, financial, operational and workforce performance.
- Develop, and implement patient care policies, systems and processes within the framework of the vision, mission and culture of the hospital and other national and international healthcare frameworks.
- Work closely with the senior management team in order to comply with the hospital, statutory, mandatory and legal obligations.
- Prepare various reports for management decision making.
- Financial Management
- Support finance, procurement, medical related services to meet the expected standards of quality and quantity in compliance with established ethics and regulations.
- Plan and operate within the set budget.
- Lead in the development of the business growth strategy for all Hospital units.
- Increase revenue, by developing proposals, arranging meetings with beneficial stakeholders, negotiating contracts with individuals, corporate clients and insurance partners.
- Manage relationships with existing and new clients. Develop effective ventures and partnerships that add value to the business.
- Take part in market research and business intelligence including tenders, business cases and competitor strategic plans.
- Implement a robust Customer Retention Strategy
- Develop and implement effective and efficient marketing Plans
- Take part in the development of the quarterly and annual budget with senior staff
- Liaise with the accounting staff to ensure that all cash received is banked, manage the petty cash and approve cash payments
- Order, stock and maintain an efficient record of all medical and office supplies.
- Maintain an asset register and ensure all company equipment/ assets are insured
- Oversee the production of financial reports
- Manage debt to reduce risk and ensure liquidity of the Hospital
- Customer Service
- Follow up on mitigation and suggested systemic changes within all departments in the hospital.
- Ensure implementation of global best hospital practices in quality, patient experience and operational effectiveness.
- Represent the Hospital in meetings
- Provide strategy for patient engagement and satisfaction
- Monitor patient satisfaction level while working closely with clinical and non-clinical functions.
- Ensure the hospital hygiene standards, personal safety guidelines and practices are adhered to.
- Develop, maintain and implement a patient feedback process and offer advice on continual improvement.
- Stakeholder Management
- Liaise, promote and maintain effective public relations with Customers, Hospital Executive team, The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board, Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Follow-up on applications for annual licenses
- Ensure the professionals working for the hospital have the relevant registered/licenses
- Overall in charge of compliance with healthcare regulations
- Human Resource
- Create a positive and engaging work environment to enable the hospital staff to effectively deliver on their roles.
- Lead in the recruitment, retention and disciplinary process of the hospital staff
- Generate on boarding plans, and identify and suggest trainings for the hospital staff
- Implement and develop a robust appraisal and continuously monitoring hospital staff performance
- Advice and support staff on compliance and policy matters
- Maintain HR policies and all HR Documentation including disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Motivate, mentor, train and coach team members
- Approve, monitor, and report on annual leave
- Clinical Quality and Risk Management
- Oversee the primary healthcare team to provide Inpatients and Outpatients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
- Update and adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all state health information privacy laws.
- Manage and mitigate all operational, financial and reputational risks that face the hospital including quality of care, mortality and morbidity meetings, clinical pathways, and patient safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution/Bachelor in clinical Medicine/Bachelor in Nursing.
- Master in Healthcare Administration/Health care leadership /Health system Management / Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Proven work experience in a level 4 hospital as a manager/medical officer manager or a similar role with at least 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislations and professional standards
- Knowledge of the hospital industry and Solid understanding of healthcare procedures and regulations
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Problem solving attitude
- A candidate who is a go getter, takes initiative, a team player, driven by results, with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, team player with organizational and supervisory skills.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the job title as HOSPITAL MANAGER.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.