HEAD OF MERCHANDISING (Kshs30,000 Net)
Our client, a packaging company based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a head of merchandising.
Duties, Responsibilities, Skills and Experience:
- Monitoring merchandisers.
- Bringing market intelligence on competitions in the field.
- Getting sales results and giving out reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of merchandising strategies.
- Creating eye-catching store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Negotiating the costs of inventory for multiple stores.
- Preparing annual and quarterly budgets, and presenting them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking inventory movement and systematically introducing promotions, sales, price changes, etc.
- Identifying trends and monitoring supply and demand.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas.
- Interpreting sales reports and providing guidance on how to improve figures and customer engagement.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Diploma/Degree in marketing, business management, retail, or a related field.
- A minimum of at least 2 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- A background in marketing or communications is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be creative and detail-orientated.
- Should be organized and versatile.
- Should be punctual and strict.
- Should have leadership skills.
- Should be resilient.
- Should be trustworthy.
- Attention to detail.
- Someone who can handle pressure and stress.
Interested candidate should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as head of merchandising.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.