HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Kshs30,000)
The Head Housekeeper ensures that the hotel premises are clean.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and performs the daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly cleaning activities of the premises.
- Provides cleaning/housekeeping/laundry services in the assigned hotel Premises.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene of the restaurants and kitchen premises.
- Ensure presence during ongoing maintenance works especially done by external contractors.
- Ensure rational use of the utilities in the hotel.
- Turn off lights, heating equipment, water etc. when not in use.
- Report any wastages and ensure rational use of cleaning materials, chemicals and detergents to help protect the environment.
- Help the mobile staff to segregate the waste at source by separately collecting the recyclable wastes generated in the hotel.
- Reports all problems on the ground before and during maintenance exercise.
- Informs hierarchical superior about any issues regarding the premises (material used to carry out duties, other material malfunction, damaged furniture, premises degradation, etc.)
- Is responsible for the inventory of the house, thus updates the hotel manager for any loss, damage or addition of the hotel items.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum KCSE or equivalent.
- Relevant Certificate in Housekeeping.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Attention to detail and meticulous use of proper safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “HEAD HOUSEKEEPER”
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.