GENERAL NURSE (Kshs35,000)
Our client, a hospital based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a GENERAL NURSE.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct physical exams to assess patient health needs and problems.
- Implement physicians’ orders, perform treatments, start IVs, administer medications, and interpret special tests.
- Administer direct care to injured, disabled, ill, or convalescent patients.
- Review and maintain medical records.
- Implement and develop nursing care plans.
- Counsel patients and family members on disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests to assess patients’ conditions and needs.
- Supervise the work of licensed practical nurses, nursing aides, and assistants.
- Educate patients about their medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic working environment.
- Prepare rooms and medical equipment and decontaminate instruments.
- Provide emotional and psychological support.
Qualifications & skills
- Cert or Diploma or Degree in Nursing, Medicine or related field.
- At least one year work experience as a Nurse.
- Should have current (nursing) practicing license.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in home health care.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as GENERAL NURSE.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.