COOK (Kshs18,000 – Kshs20,000)
We are looking to hire a cook for our client, a restaurant based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods.
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes.
- Occasionally serve food.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment and dishes.
- Handle and store ingredients and food.
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Execute opening and closing procedures.
- Set up workstations with required ingredients and equipment.
- Check the quality and freshness of ingredients.
- Monitor station inventory levels.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests.
- Operate kitchen equipment such as broilers, ovens, grills and fryers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Culinary arts, food and beverage or any related course.
- At least two years’ experience as a cook in a restaurant or hotel.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bake ware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.).
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title COOK.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.