CLINICAL OFFICER (SALARY – Kshs50,000 – Kshs55,000)
Our client, a nursing home based in Nairobi is seeking to employ a clinical officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of quality service delivery of the patients.
- Provision of medical consultation and management services to clients accessing the hospital, within the ambit of your professional training and mandate.
- Order and interpret medical tests.
- Recommend admissions and referral of patients who require specialized care.
- Ensure that all admissions are properly clerked as pertains to all notes and history of the patients.
- Consult and refer to the M/O in-charge on recurrent patients and complex medical cases.
- Keep the referring doctor informed of inpatient and outpatient progress.
- Conduct ward rounds with the M/O in-charge.
- Ensure proper prescription of medication.
- Handle emergencies with utmost care.
- Maintain patient rights and confidentiality when dealing with patients.
- Ensure that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately filled.
- Provide educational and clinical training for clinical staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Clinical risk management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of medical recordkeeping practices.
- Advanced ability to ensure the highest standards in patient care and compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Ability to keep abreast of advancements in the field of specialization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Hardworking, proactive and self-driven.
- Empathetic to patients of all ages.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
- Desire for personal development, improvement and learning.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Possess a valid practicing license.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- At least 3+ years of working experience.
- ERP knowledge will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as CLINICAL OFFICER.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.