Our client in the horticulture industry is seeking to employ an agronomist. The company is located along Ngong’ Road. They seek a candidate who has specialized in crop production, soil control, and soil management. He or she will find ways to maximize crop production from a given acreage of soil as well as perform experiments to determine and then maximize plant nutrients and soil health.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess crop production of the farm
- Evaluate and improve seed quality
- Carry out laboratory tests of soil, seed, and crop samples
- Perform quality control for seed caliber and soil standards
- Keep records of research, testing, and results
- Prepare analysis and data presentation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of agronomy work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Diploma/Degree in Agriculture.
Interested candidate should send their CVs to email@example.com with the email subject as AGRONOMIST.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.