The African Centre for Women, Information and Communications Technology (ACWICT) is a Kenya-Based Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to promote women and youth access to and knowledge of ICTs as tools for sustainable development. We focus on underserved and excluded women and youth from urban informal settlements and rural Kenya to provide solutions that improve access to employment, education, health, leadership opportunities and digital innovations for better livelihoods through digital means.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Learning (MERL) Assistant will ensure ACWICT data is collected using project/program specific tools and templates, capture and analyze data and create evidence-based reports to support and advise the ACWICT Programs and management on emerging issues that affect the various programs implemented by ACWICT from time to time. The consultant will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the MERL Manager, support in data design and development of data collection tools and templates; take lead in data aggregation, synthesis, and analysis, and interpretation of data relevant to ACWICT programs and training teams.
- Contribute to collection and synthesis of data and their translation into written documents and/or presentations.
- Develop and manage databases, dashboards or other data visualization tools as necessary
- Provide support to the programs/training team as needed, including planning, coordination, and visits to partners and project beneficiaries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to recognize significant developments and trends reflected from collected data and bring it to the attention of Managers as required.
- The ability to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare precise, accurate and complete reports is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members required.
- Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments.
- Prior experience designing and implementing performance and outcome evaluations and other types of research.
- Proficiency in computer skills, data management and analysis softwares is required for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to: a) facilitate productive professional relationships with different culturally diverse stakeholders; b) work calmly, tactfully and effectively under pressure; c) demonstrate extraordinary flexibility; and 4) effectively manage more than one task at the same time.
- Ability to effectively work virtually, and conversant with virtual meetings apps e.g., teams.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research Methods, Project Management, Social Sciences or any related fields
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Experience in writing high quality reports.
- Strong communication skills, and an excellent team player.
- A Kenyan citizen
Candidates to send their CV to email@example.com with “MERL Assistant” as the subject.