- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
- Adhere to statutory compliance of all statutory equipment (pressure vessels, fire systems, lifting equipment etc.).
- Carryout planned mechanical maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment including pumps, hydraulic equipment, fire and lifting equipment.
- Maintenance and testing of statutory equipment (air compressors, boilers, pressure vessels and lifting equipment).
- Diagnose faults on plant and equipment to determine the faults and carry out repairs required.
- Conduct root cause analysis on mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment.
- Assist units with maintenance and repairs on mechanical equipment and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III / apprentice Certificate award by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years post trade experience.
- Experience in health, safety, and statutory compliance in a workshop environment.
- Sound knowledge of maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of boilers, air compressors, lifting equipment and fire systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical building services and maintenance thereof.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and to carry out fabrication from drawings.
send your CV subject Machinist to firstname.lastname@example.org.