We are looking a housekeeper/laundry assistant is responsible for carrying out dry cleaning duties. They also keep the laundry area clean and tidy and ensure that all laundered items are well folded and kept. They mainly clean laundry for guest house residents, deliver clean laundry to guests, and maintain cleanliness standards.
HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help to maintain the cleanliness of common facility areas and perform assigned duties relate to the laundering of facility linens.
- Sort, count, and remove articles of clothing from dryers; fold, wrapped, and hang as necessary.
- General maintenance and OSHA requirements perform to maintain sanitary conditions
- Move loads of laundry in carts or slings.
- Load, unload, move and/or transfer carts, slings and bags of textiles or bulk textiles.
- Fasten identification pins and clips onto laundry to facilitate subsequent assembly of customers’ orders.
HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma/Certificate in Housekeeping/laundry full course.
- Prior experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Personable disposition with a knack for customer service.
- Available to work shifts and on weekends.