Our client in HOSPITALITY industry is looking for a COOK, who is going to help in planning, prepare, and cook food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for customers. The company is based in Nairobi.
- Diploma/certificate in FOOD PRODUCTION.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the job title as the email subject.
Application deadline: URGENT
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.