Job Title: Lead Computer Science Instructor
Our client who is in Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to promote women and youth access to and knowledge of ICTs as tools for sustainable development. They focus on underserved and excluded women and youth from urban informal settlements and rural Kenya to provide solutions that improve access to employment, education, health, leadership opportunities and digital innovations for better livelihoods through digital means.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain course materials and instruction that meet the standards of the institution and/or industry.
- Facilitate the learning process by providing students with the necessary support, guidance, and direction.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress and provide feedback to help students achieve their learning objectives.
- Plan and organize class activities to ensure effective use of class time.
- Lead discussions, demonstrations, and presentations to provide students with an understanding of the topics being taught.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests, assignments, and other evaluation tools to assess student progress.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on their academic and professional development.
- Utilize modern and innovative teaching methods, such as virtual classrooms and online learning platforms.
- Research and develop a new curriculum to keep course content up to date.
- Participate in faculty meetings and committees to stay informed about changes in the educational field.
- Collaborate with other instructors and departments to ensure the success of students.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners to facilitate internships and other professional development opportunities.
- Participate in professional development activities to stay up to date on the latest technological advancements and teaching techniques.
- Monitor student progress and provide feedback.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of both theory and practice of computer science
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of students
- 5+ years of teaching experience in computer science at the college/university level
- Experience leading teams in software development or engineering projects
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum in computer science
- Experience developing and facilitating interactive learning activities
- Experience coordinating and managing teams of instructors
- Knowledge of current trends and technologies in computer
- Ability to work effectively with faculty and staff.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com with the job title as the email subject.
Application deadline: 17/02/2023
Only shortlisted shall be contacted