Our client, in the high end restaurant industry, is looking for a commis (novice chef) to support the head chef in their commercial kitchen.
- daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Support Chef in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Control food stock and food cost in your section
- Prepare the daily food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
- Diploma in hospitality management or relevant chefs training course
- 1-year professional kitchen experience in quality establishments along with good culinary skills.
- Good communication skills (English)
- food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge.