We seek to hire a Clearing and Forwarding Officer with the following experience.
- Timely opening of files in the system.
- Tracking of shipments from Shipping line Websites & getting Cargo manifest.
- Handing-Over documents at Declaration for entries registration.
- Follow-up of Shipping line charges & its payments, compiling documents for S/line Release.
- Ensuring the Delivery orders are in place by the time entry has passed.
- Follow up on cargo verification & Release at ICD.
- Registration of Pick-up order & Printing of Barcodes after Cargo has been Custom released.
- Preparing daily status reports for all Clients handling which is shared internally.
- Preparing daily status report to Individual Clients.
- Attending to emails on enquiries.
- Handing over files for Billing after Cargo clearance.
- Follow up of empty Containers after Cargo has been offloaded by ensuring same returned to the Container depot.
- Follow up of Empty Container deposits from shipping line.
- Booking of Sea freight Export shipments, it’s loading Supervision & Submission of Shipping Instructions and follow up exports OBLs.
- Tracking of Sea Freight export shipments until arrival at destination.
- BSC Degree in Clearing and forwarding.
- At least 4 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding industry (Imports).
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A team player with a positive attitude, attention to detail and can work long hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application indicating their current Gross Salary by 4th November 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org with Clearing and Forwarding Officer as the subject.