Our client, in the culinery industry is looking for a skilled chef to join their company.
- Maintain good relationship with customers and suppliers
- Strictly follow and adhere to the budget of the restaurant or hotel, by ensuring that supplies and/or orders are in line with the budget and supervising food and labor cost(s)
- Make sure that kitchen safety measures are met and that sanitation practices are carried out to the letter
- Create new methods and recipes in preparation of meals
- Make sure that the restaurant or hotel keeps up with new trends in the industry
- Maintain work schedule in the kitchen
- Make sure that meal is prepared and served to customers in a timely manner
- Monitor and maintain stock levels so as to place orders for supplies as at when due
- Create menus that tend to suit the need of customers, and in some cases suggest new dishes to customers.
- Good and effective communication skills Good leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate activities in pressing situations
- Good time management skills to complete much tasks and meet set targets
- Must be creative and proactive in attending to the various needs of customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A respectable knowledge of food handling and environmental sanitation standards
- A certificate or diploma in Culinary Arts
- Any other form of certification in catering would be of added advantage
- At least 3 years of work experience as a chef in any good and reputable restaurant
- Experience in grilling, sandwich, pizza, bouffe, star fries and soups.