our client in AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY is looking for an AUTO PAINTER to join his team. The client is based in KIAMBU.
- Using materials such as lacquer, resin, and so on to paint surfaces of vehicle units
- Getting rid of dirt or grease from vehicle surfaces and ensuring that the vehicle is well prepared and ready for painting
- Removing old paint with the use of liquid paint remover, scraper, or other effective techniques
- Carrying out a proper examination to see if certain parts of the vehicle need to be replaced, protected, or sanded to ensure that painting is properly done
- Ensuring that hand tools are properly maintained
- Properly maintaining paint booth by replacing filters and fan belts when necessary
- Administering the mix of colors and ensuring that they match with original color
- Applying primers and repainting surfaces with the use of spray guns
- Polishing the car by wet-sanding and buffing when the paint is dried
- Ensuring that certain portions of the vehicle are masked with tape and paper to ensure that each part of the car is painted correctly when using multiple colors.
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical/Automotive or Graphic design
- Physical fitness and good body posture, since the job is physically demanding and requires a lot of standing, walking, stooping, and bending, and other motions
- Familiarity with the necessary equipment and the use of safety materials such as respirators, since exposure to toxic chemicals is frequent
- The ability to endure long hours of work, as work hours is not limited
- Detail-oriented mind, since a car painter is required to pay particular attention to color mix, various components or parts of a vehicle, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, as he/she is required to interact with customers to understand their demands
- At least one year of automotive painting experience
Kindly share your CVs to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.