Our client, a manufacturing firm in Nairobi, is looking for a Finance Manager.
Qualifications & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountancy
- 8+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position with a proven record of success
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
- Sound decision making skills based on accurate and timely analyses
- Results oriented and metrics driven
- Exceptional time management and able to solve problems
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Confident to present results to an audience
- Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate with top management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the executive team make critical business decisions.
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the executive management, external users and board of directors.
- Involve in the formulation of the business’s strategy, evaluate financial risks associated with strategy, and advise on the sustainability.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with the external tax firm and auditors for specific advices.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate budgetary controls.
- Managing hedging and foreign currencies to cushion the company from foreign exchange losses.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organization is compliant with accounting standards and local statutory requirements.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s banking and borrowing arrangements by providing relevant information to the bankers and monitoring adherence to financial covenants.
- Managing relationships with customers and supplier with an aim of extracting value from both ends.
- Regularly conduct gap analysis in financial processes and institute solid financial systems with the aid of technology to control risks.
- Perform investment appraisal and analysis as and when required, present cost benefit analysis for different investment options to management.
- Formulate operating/ capital budgets, establish cost control procedures and present results to both finance & non-finance people to understand.
- In charge of recruitment, training, mentoring and development of accounting staff
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial and other management accounting functions.
- Risk management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place, manage insurance portfolio of the company.
- Advising and implementing best practice initiatives to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the executive management.
- Promotes company’s image by participating in award winning events such as Fire, COYA and SMOYA awards.
Strictly send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as Finance Manager before 10th May 2021. Hard copies can be delivered to our offices at Corner house, Kimathi street 7th floor, Room 5. We’ll only accept applications sent through the email or hand delivery to our offices.
You can reach us through 0712-600-600, 0101-600-600.
Salary Gross pay Ksh 200,000 – Ksh 300,000/=