Our client, a manufacturing firm in Nairobi, is looking for a Finance Accountant.
Qualifications & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in B.com (Finance/Accounting Options)
- SAP knowledge is a must.
- Must be a CPA (K/U/T) holder.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a FMCG company.
- Must be good in teamwork
- Result-Oriented and attention to Detail
- Positive attitude with strategic focus
- Personal Credibility & High Integrity
- Good leadership skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage accounts receivable, reports and Account receivable reconciliations.
- Monthly Preparation and production of the financial reports and management accounts.
- Monthly reports for payroll and wages summary and payments.
- Bank agent for collection of cash, statements and any other correspondence
- Back up of Finance ERPs
- Participate in Internal and External Audit and ensure all statutory are filed on time
- Produce weekly Bounced cheque report for the staff meetings
- Daily reconciliation of VAT report and submission for approval. (FA)
- Preparation and filing of approved VAT returns on monthly basis. (FA)
- Performing bank account reconciliations and updating the actual cash flow workbook. (FA)
- Creating new general ledger accounts and perform journal entries relating to this dept. (FA)
- Creating new suppliers into the system and attaching documents used for account opening. (FA)
- Preparation of payment schedule and submit for approval. (FA)
- Preparing reports regarding uncollected cheque whose maturity date has been realized on weekly basis. (FA)
- Analyze supplier’s sensitivity regarding payment terms, mode and advise Finance head of such suppliers for regularization. (FA)
- Engaging suppliers regards to trading agreement, negotiate terms and propose just in time ordering system. (FA)
- Ensuring the system is reading updated and inclusive suppliers’ information. (FA)
- Closely liaise with procurement dept. to monitor and communicate change in purchasing price of items and services. (FA)
- Verification of attendance sheet provided by HR and submitting the verified reports for approval. (FA)
- Follow-up and ensuring timely submission of statutory deduction such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and W/VAT, W/T. (FA)
- Preparation of payroll and forwarding month-end report for approval, printing and distributing pay slips to individual employees. (FA)
- Preparation of audit files for interim, annual and statutory audits. (FA)
- In charge of organizing the archive room by logically arranging accounting files, labelling and safekeeping of sensitive documents. (FA)
- Updating of the fixed asset register and posting and printing of cheques.
- Any other assignment by the management
Strictly send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as Finance Accountant before 10th May 2021. Hard copies can be delivered to our offices at Corner house, Kimathi street 7th floor, Room 5. We’ll only accept applications sent through the email or hand delivery to our offices.
You can reach us through 0712-600-600, 0101-600-600.
Salary Gross pay Ksh 70,000 – Ksh 80,000/=